Harrisburg Happening

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Harrisburg Hello Apology

Well, I got an apology - maybe they'll be more sensitive from now on:

Dear Ms. Davenport, Esq.

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the newsletter. I appreciate your feedback and concerns.
I can assure you that neither Mr. Bleacher nor the Harrisburg Downtown Improvement District have any negativism towards Muslims or persons of Middle-Eastern decent. I apologize if you or anyone else was offending
by anything in the newsletters. I assure you, neither of the stories
and comments you sited were intended to offend or denigrate anyone, any religion, or any culture.

Our newsletter goes out weekly to over 4000 people. We receive many very positive comments about the style, information, and content of the
newsletter. And from time to time we receive negative feedback as well, however, I believe we have received less then a half dozen negative comments last year about the newsletter.

None-the-less, I apologize if you were offended by this week's newsletter and the reference to SaddamHussein's execution. If you wish, I would be happy to have your email removed from the
distribution list. Everyone receiving the newsletter is able to have
their email removed from the distribution list by simply clicking the
link included at the bottom of each newsletter.

I have instructed Mr. Bleacher to include the following message in nextweek's newsletter:

In last week's newsletter we made a reference to the execution of Saddam
Hussein. We apologize to anyone who may have been offended by that
comment. The newsletter is meant to be informative, entertaining, and
engaging for the reader using a creative writing style. We often make tongue-in-cheek comments related to current events, news items and popculture. Our intent is never to harm or offend anyone.

Again, I apologize and appreciate you sharing your feelings with us about the newsletter. I promise in the future we will strive to avoid newsletter content which may unintentionally offend some of our readers.

Sincerely, Jeff Murison
Executive Director
Harrisburg Downtown Improvement District

4 Comments:

Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

I have no problem with Jeff - he took care of the matter. It's the other guy I think needs some courtesy lessons. Unless he's looking for a kob as a really bad stand-up comedian.

January 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I relish and mustard and at the same time look forward to every newsletter that Jeff publishes. It's perfect for Harrisburg! Jeff, don't ever change!!! Keep Rockin', Ronnie G

January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I relish and mustard and at the same time look forward to every newsletter that Jeff publishes. It's perfect for Harrisburg! Jeff, don't ever change!!! Keep Rockin', Ronnie G

January 09, 2007  
Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

Yes, perhaps it is perfect for this provincial town.

January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home