Harrisburg Happening

Monday, July 31, 2006

Patriot News on crime

Well, not the Patriot seems to have concluded there is nothing but crime in Midtown. Their reporter creates the impression people come home at night and barricade themselves in. There has to be a happy medium in reporting, and the Patriot can't find it.

For the record, I did the following yesterday (Sunday) I took a walk from my home to the river, up Verbeke and down Green and didn't run into a single assailant. Then I drove to Muench Street, got out of my (conspicuous by its large size ) SUV and looked at a series of open houses in the 1900 block of Green. Again, no assailants, no drug dealers on the corner, no problems.

Then, well after dark, I walked my dog (little white fluffy French dog) several blocks. No sirens, no criminals, no trouble.

Come on folks, we don't need to live in total fear. This is an over-reaction. Yes, we need information, we need police presence, but this isn't Beirut or Bagdad.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/115431274792810.xml&coll=1

1 Comments:

Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

Ah, but I never walk anywhere in an enibriated state - that's common sense. And generally I am in bed by 2 a.m., so I won't be trying that.

I'm glad the Patriot is now reporting on crime, but not that they now only talk to people who are afraid. I'm not saying one should not be very cautious, or that there should not be greater polioce presence. But let's be balanced.

I have a hard-wired alarm system, I wouldn't live anywhere without that. That doesn't mean I am afraid, just prudent.

July 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home