Harrisburg Happening

Sunday, July 16, 2006

What's With the Broad Street Market?

I went to the Market in Saturday, and it seemed so empty. No more cheese stand, lots of empty space, very little variety in the selection. I estimate about 25% of the available space is empty. What is management doing wrong? Are they charging too much? Not providing enough support? Not advertising enough?

After exploring Florence's Mercanto Centrale, I am struck by how great a market can be. Any ideas on what we can do (other than open a stand - no time for that!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

How will it help the market? Judges may buy lunch, but not their groceries.

July 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't they just get a new manager? Maybe some should ask her / him.

July 18, 2006  
Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

Yes, they have a new manager. I'm planning to stop by and introduce myself soon.

July 18, 2006  
Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

Yes - but why has it so dramatically declined? It seems precipitous to me, starting about a year ago.

July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home