Harrisburg Happening

Sunday, July 23, 2006

More censorship at PennLive

You may remember that yesterday, Steve Ibanez posted a request on PennLive Harrisburg forum for citizen crime bloggers and I responded with a comment adressed directly to him. I told him to hire a crime beat reporter and not ask us to do his job. My response was (predictably) deleted. Here's the email I wrote directly to Mr. Ibanez:

By now, I'm sure you are familiar with me and my local blog, Harrisburg Happening, which I started several months ago in response to the deletions made on the PennLive Harrisburg Forum. I now have dozens of regular readers (including several with advance publications or patriot news isp addresses) A growing number of locals read my blog everyday. Among the most popular topics are the lack of reporting from the Patriot News staff and what do do about crime in Harrisburg.

Yesterday, you posted a request for citizen bloggers on crime. I answered your posting with a call for you to simply put a crime beat reporter to work. Then I commented on past deletions. Now you or someone else monitoring the forum predictably deleted the posting.

I'd really like a comment from you on this issue. Step up to the plate - why are the forums censored?

-- Anniken U. Davenport, Esq.
Davenport Communicationsanniken@davenportcommunications.com216 7th Street, Suite B
New Cumberland, PA 17070717) 770-2250Fax: (717) 770-2252- - - Visit my website on the medical malpractice crisis at www.codebluemalpractice.com Subscribe to my newsletter at codebluemalpractice-subscribe@topica.com Check out my blog at http://codebluemalpractice.blogspot.comMy Harrisburg blog is at http://harrisburghappening.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered why the posts on PennLive mostly seem illiterate, and why the sequence of posts is off. Your explanation of deletions of anything sensible puts things in perspective.

February 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home