Harrisburg Happening

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rhetoric Heats Up

I don't know about you, but I'm outraged at the statements made by Sean Welby of the Fraternal Order of Police as reported in the Patriot. He's quoted as saying "They are putting out a sign to all the criminals in the area -- Harrisburg is open for business."

Gee, thanks. That's helpful. I'll buy some more bullets so I can play cop on my block.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/patriotnews/index.ssf?/base/news/1162353335102880.xml&coll=1

2 Comments:

Blogger TattooJim said...

Mr Welby approached Jason and me last night at Molly Branniganss, after the council meeting. He gave Jason this eight-mile stare..."I'll remember you" he said Jason says "what are you talking about"
"If you run again, I have 30,000 cops behind me, I'll rememeber you"
I jumped off of my seat and faced Mr Welby eye to eye.
"Hey man, we were in support of the cops tonight in council chambers, didnt you hear me speak?"
This went on for awhile, got louder, Welby was insulting to a member of the city clerks office at our table..it further unraveled, and he left. It appears to me that the fix is in. The Mayor and the FOP guy must have gotten together and been coached by the mayor on how to handle the down vote on the budget. Council did the right thing. The Mayor needs to let go of his buddies and trinkets and hobbies and place an emphasis on public safety. If one cop is let go and Randy King still sits at his desk, and John Levanda gets his 100k a year plus bennies, plus 9k per diems were all in deep shit. I say let the State step in and open the books

November 01, 2006  
Blogger Anniken Davenport, Esquire said...

Great - lawyers making terrorist threats?

We removed all the signs here - since they were on private property.

Report the guy to the licensing folks at the PA Supreme Court.

November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home